12 June, 2012

Tiangis Treats - Figs





Figs with Blue Cheese and Truffle Honey

Figs have been in season since we arrived in San Miguel back in May.  Now the season is in full swing and they are selling piles of figs even on the side of the road.  One of our favorite ways to eat figs is with blue cheese and pecans.  I also enjoy a little drizzle of my prized Truffle Honey that I purchased at Dean and Deluca and "smuggled" with me in our move to Mexico.  Prosciutto is also a delicious pair with figs.  Jamon Serrano wrapped around with wedges of Manchego.  Roasted on top of a Salad with a balsamic vinaigrette... Boris does this amazing thing with figs and red wine that I could just eat by the bucket!


What is your favorite way to eat figs?

Fresh Figs from the Market
I carefully carried this little bottle of Truffle Honey all the way from Napa, CA


No comments :

Post a Comment

Follow my blog with Bloglovin