08 December, 2014

Thirty...and Thirsty



Since there is not a whole lot that I can do about turning the big Three-Oh-Why-God-Why?...  I thought I might as well make something positive about it and do a Roundup.  And since the whole thing has made me very THIRSTY... might as well do an updated Adult Version of the roundup we all do when we turn 21...Alcohol!  Whoo hoo!



I have always loved making cocktails.  The friendship with my best friend was formed over Chocolate Martinis on her kitchen floor.  We are now more inclined to order something at the bar with the name of what is actually IN the drink and less likely to have the word PINK in the title.  Some of us still enjoy a mixed drink on occasion, but nothing that reminds us of regret in the morning.  The older you get, the worse the hangover! Can I get an amen?  


Below is a roundup of some of my favorite adult beverages, with direct links to their sources.  So click, click, click away and when you wander on back, share with us your favorite drink, and link to your blog... I could only fit so many on the list here- I`m not THAT old!

And it should go without saying, but since I am another year older I am inclined to dish out some words of wisdom. ALL THINGS IN MODERATION, so don`t go gettin cray and blaming it on me!!!  You should only drink alcohol if you are of the legal drinking age, and ALWAYS have a designated driver!

In no particular order:
  1.  Hot Buttered Hazelnut Whisky from Adventures in Cooking
  2.  Blackberry Meyer Lemon Gin and Tonic from Spoon Fork Bacon
  3.  Fall Apple Cider Sangria from Nerve
  4.  Autumn Spiced Apple Brandy Cocktail by Honestly Yum
  5.  Moscow Mule from Freutcake
  6. Coal Miners Daughter from Liquor.com
  7.  German Mulled Wine from Tidy Mom
  8.  Pizza and Wine from theBERRY not a cocktail but the best combination in my book!
  9.  Pomegranate Lime White Wine Spritzer from Nutmeg Nanny
  10.  Bloody Mary Round Up from Brit Co What, a roundup within a roundup??? Yes Sir
  11.  Strawberry Sangria from In Good Taste
  12.  Sparkling Wine Punch from VisiGerimai
  13. Lavender Lemon Drop from She Knows
  14. Butterfly Nectar from Bubbly Nature Creations just add liquor...
  15.  Chai Honey Old Fashioned from Artful Desperado
  16.  Tamarind Margarita from Cake n Knife
  17.  Pomegranate Martini from Martini Recipe Collection
  18.  Pear Ginger Sparkling Cocktail from Celebrations at Home
  19.  Spiked Mulled Apple Cider from Dieter`s Downfall
  20.  Homemade Limoncello from My Frugal Adventures
  21.  Earl Grey Tea Cocktail from Sugar and Charm
  22.  Smokey Beer Sangrita from Stir and Stain
  23.  The Honey Badger from Design Love Fest
  24.  Since there is no right way 12 Michelada Recipes from Huffpost
  25.  Elderflower Martini from Garnish with Lemon
  26.  Spicy Citrus Margarita from Muy Bueno
  27. Pineapple, Mango and Basil Sangria from Inspired by Charm
  28. Blood Orange Mojitos from Culinary Musings
  29. Pomegranate Sangria by Bobby Flay 
Well that was fun!... Oh, you wanted another one?  Add YOUR favorite adult beverage of choice below, and if you have a blog, please add the link below as well.  If you like some of these, follow me on Pinterest... I have a whole board just for Drinks and they are not ALL alcoholic!

Cheers!




No comments :

Post a Comment

Follow my blog with Bloglovin